In my Secret to Sanity blog post, I talked about things I do to keep my sanity in all the craziness that I call my life. In it, I explained how important my cell phone is because of the apps I use to keep me in check. Today I want to go through five apps that will help keep your keep your life in order.
- Amazon – If you’re as avid an Amazon shopper as I am, you cannot afford to not have this app. It makes for quick and easy shopping with recommendations for purchases, updates on the shipping and delivery status of your purchases and so much more good stuff! Wherever you shop frequently, you must have their app!
- Out of Milk – This is my grocery shopping app. You can manage different shopping lists, save the price of the items you buy, apply coupons, scan the barcode of a product to enter it into the database and so much more. It is a great app for budgeting and tracking your supermarket spend before you even get to the supermarket. If you don’t have this one, you need some kind of grocery shopping app. There are many great apps out there; try Fooducate, GroceryIQ, or any other from this list.
- Period Tracker – Whether you are planning to have another little one or not, a period tracker is great for reminders of important days such as your ovulation days. This is also good for keeping track of your menstrual cycle so that you can identify changes. I have found this to be very handy for some doctor’s visits; I have irregular periods so detailed tracking is a must for me. One of the best things about it is that you can input symptoms to track PMS. Other apps you can try are here.
- Amazon Kindle – I love reading and I don’t always want to scroll through Twitter, Instagram or Facebook when I am bored; that’s where my Amazon Kindle app comes in handy. Whether you use this or Audible, it is good to have a reading or audiobook app to help you unwind from the social media madness.
- ColorNote – This is my all-time favourite app! I mentioned that I love lists and this is my list app! It also has a calendar; you can do notes, there are different colors so you can color code your notes; it’s just fantastic! I won’t even recommend any other one, try ColorNote!
So, these are my top five favourite apps that are constantly in use. I highly recommend you try these or something similar to help you stay organized and sane! Before I run off, I would like to give an honourable mention to Hootsuite, my social media management app, and WordPress as these apps are constantly in use on my phone and can rival any of those mentioned in the top 5. So, what are your favorite apps?